The Village of Chester appoints a Clerk Treasurer responsible for the following:
- Record all by-laws, resolutions, decisions and other proceedings of the village commission;
- If requested by any village commissioner, record the vote of every village commissioner voting on any matter;
- Keep the books, records and accounts of the village;
- Preserve and file all accounts, original and certified copies of the by-laws and of all minutes of proceedings of the village commission; and
- Act as clerk at, and keep records of, all meetings of electors.